Advent Post I

Sunday, December 2, 2012

As a thank you for giving back to my alma mater, every year I receive a booklet for devotions and reflections on Advent from the president. This year the booklet was titled "Why Everything Matters" and featured reflections involving Ecclesiastes. Through this Advent season I'll be posting the prayers that come at the end of each reflection. 

My hope is that these prayers will encourage you (dear reader), regardless of your spiritual disposition to pause and reflect and perhaps add a layer of meaning to your holiday season. 

Salsbury Cathedral "Darkness to Light" Advent Procession
Unexpected God,
your advent alarms us.
Wake us from drowsy worship,
from the sleep that neglects love,
and sedative of misdirected frenzy.
Awaken us now to your coming,
and bend our angers into your peace. 
Amen. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment